Practical Neuroplasticity and the Art of Feldenkrais:
Studies in Function for Potential Feldenkrais Practitioners
Attend a pre-training workshop in your area to see what a day in the training is like! You’ll experience Awareness Through Movement® group classes, watch demonstrations of Functional Integration® lessons and practice your own hands-on work, learn some of the principles of the Feldenkrais Method®, meet our staff, and more.
Improving lying to sitting. Video still: Paul McGowan
In these workshops, we’ll focus on:
- Learning how Feldenkrais practitioners use movement and attention to create well organized, adaptable improvements at the neurological level.
- Being able to move freely in any direction without hesitation or preparation. Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais defined this state as “Biological Fitness” and asserted that it applies to moving freely in one’s thinking, sensing, feeling and acting.
- Learning to thrive in a demanding and ever-changing world. Dr. Feldenkrais described a state of maturity in which “the whole system is integrated on the present circumstance with perfection.” Explore how this state develops from infancy, in movement, sensation, emotion, thought, communication, relationships and community.
- Learning how to gain internal strength. Maximizing how you utilize support from your skeleton improves your ability to create choices, move with less effort and more efficiency, and gain a profound sense of living where lightness and ease are integrated into your life.
- Learning how you can help others thrive. Explore the practice and art of the Feldenkrais Method. Learn how to use attention, awareness, and touch to help your clients gain biological fitness, maturity, and internal strength, and ease of movement. Discover the joys and benefits of a career as a Feldenkrais practitioner.