Please click on each question to see the answer.
Yes. Everyone with a desire to become a Feldenkrais® practitioner is encouraged to apply. Trainees are required to have the equipment and skills necessary to participate in online classes, record video, use email, and create and upload electronic documents.
Because the Feldenkrais Method's principles are foundational to any profession that deals with human development, functional movement, and attentional resources, many practitioners have applied the work to a wide range of professions and practices. For example:
- As a massage therapist or physical therapist, becoming a Feldenkrais practitioner will deepen your understanding of functional movement and enable you to see the root cause of your client’s pain.
- As a psychotherapist or social worker, becoming a Feldenkrais practitioner will help you support your clients in experiencing what it is to be unburdened by their historic physical habits.
- As a doctor or neurophysiologist, becoming a Feldenkrais practitioner will allow you to understand how the body functions, not just theoretically, but from a lived experience.
- As an athlete or dancer, becoming a Feldenkrais practitioner will help you experience what it's like to move without the long-term compensations acquired from injuries or inefficient training.
- As an academic teacher or professor, becoming a Feldenkrais practitioner will enhance your ability provide a rigorous learning environment for your students.
- As a Yoga teacher or martial artist, becoming a Feldenkrais practitioner will enable you to better help your students refine their practice.
- As an artist, becoming a Feldenkrais practitioner will enable you to explore what it's like to be unburdened by habitual thinking and engage more spontaneously.
- As a parent, becoming a Feldenkrais practitioner will hone your understanding of how your child best learns and your ability to provide the open-ended learning environment in which children thrive.
- Inside Moves LLC will refund all monies paid if the applicant is not accepted. This includes instances where a starting class is cancelled by the school.
- Inside Moves LLC will refund all monies paid if the applicant cancels within five business days (excluding Sundays and holidays) after the day the contract is signed or an initial payment is made, as long as the applicant has not begun training.
- Inside Moves will retain an established registration fee equal to $100, if the applicant cancels past the fifth business day after signing the contract or making an initial payment.
- If a trainee cancels after the training begins, the trainee will forfeit the non-refundable registration fee.
- If a trainee cancels, they will owe the pro-rated amount of the full tuition they agreed to pay. Pro-rated amounts are calculated per in-person segment, not per day. For example, if a trainee agreed to pay $25,000 and withdraws anytime during or after Segment #3 but before Segment #4, they would pay $6,249.99 ($25,000 divided by 12 segments = $2,083.33/segment x 3 segments attended).
- Inside Moves LLC reserves the right to cancel a starting class if the number of trainees enrolling is deemed insufficient. In the event of such cancellation, a full refund (minus credit card fees) of all money paid shall be made to each applicant.
- Inside Moves LLC reserves the right to suspend or postpone a segment of the training in the event of unforeseeable circumstances or in the event of an occurrence that unavoidably limits the use of the training facilities such as fire, flood, storm, war, or civil disorder. Such time lost will be made up as soon as possible so as to maintain the overall training schedule. If a segment is postponed for 30 calendar days or more, the trainee is entitled to a pro-rata refund for that segment unless the trainee agrees in writing to comparable training.
- Any money to be returned to the trainee shall be refunded within 30 calendar days of the trainee’s official date of termination.
Housing is not included in the cost of the program. Participants are responsible for finding their own housing.
If you are interested in becoming a Feldenkrais practitioner, then this program is for you—but you can only reach your goal by attending the whole training. If you interested in learning more about Feldenkrais but not becoming a practitioner, then please visit feldenkrais.com for events and programs that would better serve your needs. If you are already a Feldenkrais practitioner, then you are invited to come any time and for as long as you like. Please click here for more details.
The classes will not be professionally recorded, but we will create recordings for the participants free of charge.
The online classes will use Zoom, a free, user-friendly online meeting service (similar to Skype yet more powerful). Participants can see each other, converse with the teacher, watch videos together, etc. The online classes will be recorded and available for participants to review free of charge.
Yes. You will receive weekly homework assignments that may require up to six hours per week to complete. Homework assignments will include activities like watching videos, reading books by and about Moshe Feldenkrais, teaching ATM® and FI® lessons, and creating a written portfolio.
You would be responsible for studying all missed educational materials and watching the video recordings of any missed classes. In addition, missing 11 or more days for any three consecutive segments requires making formal arrangements with the Trainer or educational staff to make up the missed class time.
Graduation & Certification
Graduation from FTA is based upon the Educational Director’s assessment (in conjunction with the teaching staff) that the student has the skills and competencies of a beginning practitioner and the student meets the graduation requirements. Please see the Enrollment Agreement for a complete list of the graduation requirements.
Graduates of this training are eligible to apply to the Feldenkrais Guild of North America for certification as Guild Certified Feldenkrais Teachers® or Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practitioners®. Certified teachers/practitioners are able to teach and practice Awareness Through Movement® (ATM) and Functional Integration® (FI). They are eligible to use the Feldenkrais-related service marks and logo.